Welcome to the Upton Trio Website! The site is dedicated to our classical piano trio that is known for playing absolutely new original music. Our composer, Mary Lee Taylor Kinosian writes with the modern sensibilities of Stravinsky, the eloquence of Prokofiev and the heart of soul of Gershwin. Please take some time to explore the site and get to know more about our trio.
“They make classical music fun …”
Michael Miller The State
1) CONCERT - CAMDEN HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM - Camden, SC - October 9, 2015
2) CONCERT - FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF SAVANNAH, GA - January 16, 2016
3) CONCERT - GANDER HILL, 414 Greene St. - Camden, SC - Tuesday, March 8 - Cocktail Party 6:00 P.M. - Concert 7:00 P.M.
Hosts: Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Hawkesworth (Judith)
$50.00 per person
Reserved seats by telephoning (803) 425-4343 by March 7.
Program includes: Amazon Harmony by Mary Lee Kinosian
Trio in B-flat by Franz Peter Schubert
Scenes from South Carolina - Kinosian
Boom Time Bop
4) EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH CONCERTS (The public is cordially invited to attend free of charge):
Program: Equestrian Romance: Kershaw County’s Odyssey with Horses
The Sport of Kings
Boom Time Bop
End of An Era
Lugoff-Elgin High School Auditorium, 1:30 P.M., May 5, 2016
Camden High School Auditorium, 9:00 A.M., May 5
Camden High School Auditorium, 9:00 A.M., May 6
North Central High School Auditorium, 9:00 A.M., May 9
North Central High School Auditorium, 1:30 P.M., May 9
Lugoff-Elgin High School Auditorium, 9:00 A.M., May 10
Lugoff-Elgin High School Auditorium, 9:00 A.M. May 16
5) CONCERT - LANDRUM, SC CHAMBER MUSIC CONCERT SERIES - Sunday Matinee - September 2016
Landrum, SC is located northwest of Spantanburg on the Blue Ridge Escarpment. It is a magnificent mountain ridge landscape!
Program includes: Trio in E-flat by Robert Schuman and works by Dick Goodwin and Mary Lee Kinosian
6) CONCERT - CAMDEN, SC, A TUESDAY EVENING IN OCTOBER 2016, date to be announced
Program includes: Trio in E-flat by Robert Schuman and works by other composers to be announced
February 20, 2015
The Upton Trio presented a sell out house concert at the home of Dr. Jane L. LaRoche, M.D. on February 20, 2015.
Program: “Fantasy Trio # 1” by English composer Frank Bridge
“Elliginton and Gershwin”, aka “Big Band Ballad” by Jazz composer Dick Goodwin
“Journey to Mars” by Mary Lee Kinosian
"These Are Different Times"
November 1, 2009
Albany Records of NY released The Upton Trio's new CD - "These Are Different Times" internationally.